1. Are you insured and bonded?
Yes, we are fully insured and bonded in WV and OH.
2. Why choose a insured and bonded cleaning company?
There are many cleaning companies and individuals who clean homes illegally because they haven't taken steps to become a legitimate business. They do not have any insurance to protect the homeowner's or business' possessions and their own employees in case of injury. Clients do not have any way for compensation from these companies if they are not satisfied with the cleaning or if any belongings are broken or stolen.
3. Do I have to sign a contract?
No, you do not need to sign a contract and you can cancel whenever you want.
4. Do I need to be at home or at the office when MerMaid Cleaners is there?
No, many of our clients are not there when we clean. We will need to have a key or security code for the alarm system. Your keys will be kept secure.
5. Do you hire trustworthy employees?
Yes, all of our employees go through a background check and drug testing process before they begin.
6. Can my scheduled cleaning be changed or cancelled if an emergency comes up?
Yes, call 304-210-6709 ASAP and we will do our best to accommodate your situation. We do require a 24-hour notice or we will charge a $45 cancellation fee.
7. What if I am unhappy with my cleaning?
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED! We take pride in the services performed in your home or office. If you are not happy with the services, please call 304-210-6709 within 24 hours. We will fix the problem. The Crew Leader will pay a visit to your home or office and inspect the work, and the job will be completed to your satisfaction.
8. What if something gets broken?
Unfortunately, accidents can happen. If something is broken, we will leave you a note with your invoice. Our Crew Leader will contact you to find out how we can replace or pay for the item. We would rather not clean valuable items, so please make sure they are in a safe place before the cleaners arrive. MerMaid Cleaners is fully insured and bonded.
9. How do I pay MerMaid Cleaners?
We accept cash, checks or credit card payments. You can arrange to pay us ahead of time, or you can leave the payment in an envelope.
10. What do I need to do about my pets?
If you have pets, we will give our crew members special instructions. Let us know what you would like us to do. It's probably best to put animals who may be afraid in another room while we are working.
11. Do I need to provide cleaning products and equipment?
We provide everything we need to clean your home or office. We do this so that our crew members are familiar with the products and equipment. We use professional supplies and equipment, and always have extra with us so that we will not run out while we are cleaning your home or office.
12. What do I do if I need extra work done?
Call 304-210-6709 at least 48 hours in advance so that we can schedule any extra time that might be required.
13. How long does a deep cleaning take versus a regular cleaning?
Deep cleaning may take double the length of time required for a regular cleaning. If you are interested in finding out, you can fill out the "Free Quote" section on our web site, or call 304-210-6709.
14. Does MerMaid Cleaners ever reschedule appointments?
MerMaid Cleaners reserves the right to reschedule a job or time slot due to inclement weather, illness, hospitalization, or other natural disasters.
15. Are you closed for holidays?
MerMaid Cleaners is closed for most holidays, including New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
16. What happens if you are locked out of my home or office?
Be sure your home or office is accessible to our crew members. If we are unable to access your home or office, you will be charged $45 for the missed cleaning, and it must be paid prior to the next cleaning.
17. When is payment due?
Payment is due at the time of service in the form of cash, check or credit card. Checks can be made out to MerMaid Cleaners. We accept all forms of credit cards.
18. What are your prices? Do you have a different price for clients outside of the Mid-Ohio Valley?
Prices are $45/hour. If the home or office is 20 miles or more round-trip from our office on Market Street in Parkersburg, it will be $55/hour.
19. What if my check is returned?
A $25 returned check fee will be charged for all returned checks.
20. What do I do with my security alarm?
Be sure your security alarm in your home or office is OFF when we come to clean (provided we are not given your access code).
21. Do I need to do anything before the crew arrives?
We ask that you pick up things before our crew arrives. This will give us the maximum use of our time to clean your house. If you want us to do it, let us know, and we will add the necessary extra time at our regular rates.